I know I haven't written on the blog much in the past few weeks and I should have put up a notice, however I have been extremely busy with perfume related things in this time which has passed. I will throw up a couple quick notes! forgive me if this looks like a twitter script!
- Bois 1920 Real Patchouly has taken way too much Ambre Sultan DNA for my liking, but good business move on their part, also Creed should have a bone to pick with them over Vetiver Ambrato. I really do not like this line!!!
- K.I.S.S is a great principal for formulation, some of my best stuff comes out when I think that way. Then again sometimes some of my best stuff comes out when I think the exact opposite way. Perfume is confusing!
- Collaborators are not always a perfect fit, in this industry (as in any other) you must know when to pull the plug on something thats not working!
- Its hard sometimes to separate the talkers from the do-ers
- The perfume business is work work work!
- The perfume business is only 25% perfume!
- There are many nice people that will help you along the way :)
I've been meaning to write an article about how politics have played a role in killing off a favourite perfume of mine, I'll try to get it up soon!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Award-winning online fragrance resource Basenotes.net is celebrating its 10th birthday by launching a print version of its fragrance consumer website. The magazine will contain the news, reviews and interviews that have helped Basenotes.net become the long-standing website of choice amongst consumers and industry professionals alike and will also feature completely new and original content. It is the first ever print magazine of its kind and its release is being celebrated by the global fragrance community.
The magazine will published on a quarterly basis at a cover price of $6 an issue and will be available via online subscriptions from http://www.basenotesmagazine.com/http://www.basenotesmagazine.com/
Visit http://www.basenotesmagazine.com/ for further information about the publication and to subscribe or contact Danielle Cooper at Basenotes.net, BCM Box 1111, London, WC1N 3XX, +44 (0)203 239 9411.
I've got my subscription don't wait to get yours ;) I'll pop a couple photos of my first volume as soon as it arrives !
(text partially sourced from official basenotes press release)